As a growing business, it’s vital to take advantage of all the ways you can work smarter, not harder. That’s where email automation tools come into play, helping you maintain relationships without repetitive effort. And while automation isn’t anything new, and most email platforms offer automation tools, not all platforms can automate sends based on guest visit behavior.
With Adentro Smart Emails, your business can set up automatically triggered emails based on visit data such as number of visits, visit frequency, location, and more. Whether you’re interested in getting started with Smart Emails or want to improve what you have, this blog is for you!
Note: Depending on your subscription, you may not see some of the features reviewed in this article in your dashboard. Contact our support team with any questions or to make changes to your subscription.
The Benefits of Smart Emails
Smart Emails offer many advantages for brick-and-mortar businesses looking to improve their marketing strategy. Here are just a few of the benefits:
It takes a lot of time and resources to plan weekly email campaigns. Smart Emails only require one initial setup, and from there, your emails will be sent on an ongoing basis without manual management. This gives you time back in your day to invest in other important initiatives.
We live in a world where customers have come to expect personalized messaging. It’s one of the best ways to achieve high engagement across all campaign types, but especially with email. With Smart Emails, you can target customers based on their visit behavior and customize your email messaging accordingly. Adentro’s Label feature makes this even easier by automatically segmenting your customers as they are added to your database based on the day and time of day they visit. Click here to learn more about this feature.
Adentro Smart Emails are also highly customizable. You can choose from various templates that can adjust to fit your branding. Additionally, Smart Emails offer different widgets based on your email goals. A few unique Smart Email widgets include:
- Offers: Send out a promo code or free menu item and keep track of when it has been redeemed.
- Ratings: Ask guests to give you real-time feedback on their experience after a visit.
- Reservations: Send guests to your reservation platform to set up their next visit.
Okay so your emails see high open rates, but do you know how many guests it drove through your doors? With Smart Emails, you can measure your marketing results with the Walk-Through Rate™ — the number of people who actually walk through your door after seeing an email.
How to Set Up Smart Emails
- Log in to your Adentro Dashboard and click “Smart Emails” in the left nav menu.
- Click “Create” in the top right corner of your screen.
- Choose “Customer Visits” or “Customer Birthday” based on the type of trigger you’re looking for.
- Fill in the Trigger Settings and Targeting, then click “Continue.”
From there, you can select your desired template, create your email using the Drag to Design elements, and preview the email before finalizing.
Smart Email Ideas & Examples
Looking for some email inspiration? Adentro customers can use Smart Emails in many different ways based on their business goals. Here are a few overall Smart Email ideas:
- A Happy Birthday email that reminds customers to come and celebrate with you.
- An email for first-time customers to thank them for coming in.
- An email for loyal customers that offers an exclusive deal.
- An email for customers who haven’t returned in 30 days to incentivize their return.
Now, let’s take a look at some real-life examples of Smart Emails created by Adentro clients.
Timing: Sent immediately after a guest’s second visit
Recommended Content: Thank guests for coming back to your establishment and send them a promo to show your gratitude. Include reminders for customers to book their next reservation.
Pro Tip: Engage customers for reviews and feedback through Adentro’s reputation management widget.
Timing: Emails sent to any customer who has visited twice, but hasn’t returned in 60 days.
Recommended Content: Remind your customers what they are missing! Incentivize them with offers or specials to come back.
Timing: Recurring emails sent to customers after every 10th visit
Recommended Content: Thank your customer for being loyal and reward them for multiple visits.
- How to Create Custom Smart Emails
- Smart Email Ideas and Examples
- How to Update Your Smart Emails
- How to Use Smart Emails as a Loyalty Program
Looking for more email marketing tips and best practices? Download A Restaurant’s Guide to Successful Email Marketing.
This guide includes:
- Email marketing benchmarks for restaurants
- Actionable email trends and best practices
- A collection of email examples for inspiration
Ready to start using this Adentro feature? Click here to log in to your dashboard. If you have any questions about this feature, please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not an Adentro customer but interested in getting started? At Adentro, our goal is to provide brick-and-mortar businesses with an all-in-one marketing platform that helps them drive measurable results. In this article, we covered just one of the features that plays a part in that, and we’d love to show you more! Click here to schedule a demo with us.